- This event has passed.
Emerging Professionals August 2019 Mixer and Panel
August 7 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDTFree – $10
Getting Employed & Getting Ahead in Architecture
This month, join the AIA|LA Emerging Professionals Task Force at the offices of Rios Clementi Hale Studios, as we talk about employment in the architecture and design professions.
How can you get the job you want, at a firm that’s right for you? We’ll discuss practical strategies for success that make sense within your chosen career path.
- How the hiring process works from an employer’s and a recruiter’s point of view
- The top qualities employers are looking for in a job candidate
- Preparing for (and following up after) a successful interview
- What goes into an effective professional portfolio and résumé (and what to leave out!)
- What architecture firms are doing to support emerging professionals’ path to licensure
Our confirmed panelists include:
Melanie Freeland, AIA, Studio Director – Rios Clementi Hale Studios
Chris Daubert, AIA, Architectural Designer – Rockefeller Kempel Architects
Alex James, Assoc. AIA, Managing Director – Bespoke Los Angeles
Jason Reyes, Affiliate AIA|LA, Divisional Practice Lead – Aerotek
Keith G. Tyschper, AIA, Architecture + Design Discipline Leader – HED
Additional panelists to be announced.