- This event has passed.
Desert Healing: Vibra Rehabilitation Hospital
June 27, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT
Desert Healing: New Vibra Rehabilitation Hospital in Rancho Mirage
The financial and clinical success of any health care organization depends on its ability to deliver cost-effective post-acute-care services. Enter the Vibra Rehabilitation Hospital of Rancho Mirage: a 50-bed rehabilitation hospital and the only freestanding acute rehabilitation facility in the Coachella Valley. Its unique hexagonal shape forms a mix of open and private areas to create a serene and rejuvenating, spa-like environment that promotes therapeutic healing. Everything from the building’s layout to the rehab garden and 5,000 SF PT/OT gym was designed to create interactive, collaborative spaces for integrated care teams to provide individualized care to patients and maximize quicker recovery times. Join us as we deliver an entertaining presentation on challenges and lessons learned from where we started and where we ended up 15 years later. Spoiler alert, you’ll also learn a new acronym – AGOP!
Schedule of Meeting:
5:00PM – 5:30PM – Networking
5:30PM – 6:30PM – Presentation
1. Learn how to build consensus on design and facilitate collaboration and compromise amongst a large number of stakeholders
2. Discover how the design team capitalized on specific program changes made over 13 years of constantly changing owners
3. Understand how regulatory changes affected the project and what steps the team took to minimize negative impacts
4. Understand the challenges in implementing a phased plan review on a partially constructed building, and how the project team kept the building permit alive for over 10 years
Architect: Puchlik Design Associates, Inc.
Electrical: NA Cohen Group, Inc.
Mechanical: Kevin A. Smola & Associates Inc.
General Contractor: Chamblin-Landes Construction, Inc.
- Bruce Macpherson, AIA, LEED AP, Principal, Puchlik Design Associates
- Cele Arceo, Project Manager, Puchlik Design Associates
- Brian Cravens, AIA, Associate Vice President, CallisonRTKL Inc.