2×8 Student Exhibition, Competition, and Scholarship Program
Wander through a digital matrix of virtual exhibition galleries at 2×8: Domum, the first year that the AIALA’s 2×8 Student Exhibition, Competition and Scholarship program goes completely virtual.
As designed by Garet Ammerman, THR.D studio, Inc, and developed by Bryan Zheng, WbML at USC, the virtual exhibition space offers an untethered immersive gallery experience within a field of equally accessible student pods distributed by a graphic scaffolding.
The 2×8 annual exhibition showcases exemplary student work from 16 Architecture and Design Universities throughout California to celebrate the diversity of architectural philosophy and encourage conversation around a central theme.
This year’s theme reflects on the dialogue surrounding housing in Los Angeles and other urban centers across the country. Students were encouraged to submit presentation materials and 3d models that respond to the theme with innovative solutions.
Winners of the competition receive scholarships which will be awarded at the opening November 5.
The exhibition is free and open to the public.
Virtual Exhibit Opening + Scholarship Awards Ceremony: Thursday, November 05, 2020 | 6:00P – 7:00P
+ Paul Petrunia – Archinect
+ Jennifer Bonner – MALL + Harvard GSD
+ Marc McQuade, AIA – Adjaye Associates
• CAL POLY POMONA
• CAL POLY SAN LUIS OBISPO
• CALIFORNIA COLLEGE OF THE ARTS
• CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LONG BEACH
• COLLEGE OF THE CANYONS
• EAST LOS ANGELES COLLEGE
• GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
• LOS ANGELES INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
• NEW SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
• OTIS COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN
• PASADENA CITY COLLEGE
• SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTURE
• UCLA ARCHITECTURE & URBAN DESIGN
• UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
• WOODBURY BURBANK – ARCHITECTURE
• WOODBURY BURBANK – INTERIORS
Exhibition Design: Garet Ammerman, THR.D studio, Inc
Developer/UX: Bryan Zhang, Worldbuilding Media Lab at USC