- This event has passed.
Understanding U.S. Work Visas
March 5 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm PSTFree – $15
Understanding U.S. Work Visas & Requests for Evidence From the USCIS
Learning Units: 1.5
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has been sending out a lot of requests on additional evidence on many work visa cases that are affecting architecture and design firms.
The Trump administration just also prompted USCIS to publish proposed regulations on filing procedure for H-1B. There is uncertainty about when this will take effect. Hear from the expert who has been successful in dealing with the USCIS’ requests for evidence and other trending issues related to work visas and international hires.
- John Mei, Esq. – Co-Founder, >danziger + mei.
- Summarize what a “Request for Evidence” (RFE) is from The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services USCIS.
- Strategize on how to deal with onerous RFEs and find ways to minimize RFE’s.
- Describe trending issues targeted by USCIS on H-1B and other work visa petitions.
- Understand documentation going forward for future H-1B petitions, work visa applications, and possible alternatives to H-1B.
John Mei, Esq. – Co-Founder, >danziger + mei.
Mr. Mei provides clients with solutions in the area of business immigration law. He represents multi-national corporations, technology companies, architecture firms, universities, and internationally renowned entertainers. Mr. Mei has authored numerous articles related to business immigration. He is admitted to practice law in California and is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.