Small Firms 101: Seminar 1
June 29 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm$60 – $210
Small Firms 101 – A Seminar Series
Hosted By: Helms Design Center
Learning Units: 3.5
SMALL FIRMS 101:
A series of hands-on professional development workshops that will serve as a forum to give insight and access to the tools and resources needed to organize and operate a successful architectural & design practice.
Learn from speakers; ask questions specific to your practice during the Q&A and speak to peers encountering similar challenges.
Each seminar will be four hours long; comprised of four presentations of 30-40 minutes with a 20-30 minute interactive Q&A. Attend one, or register to attend all three and save $30 dollars.
Seminar 1 – Friday, June 29
Starting Small: Best-Practices + Business Development for Small Firms
Ready, Set, Go: Taking the big leap toward starting a new practice.
- Christopher Warren, AIA – Founding Principal, WORD
Hustle & Flow – How to get and deliver the projects you want to do.
- Rebecca Rudolf, AIA – Co-founder, Design, Bitches
- Catherine Johnson, AIA – Co-founder, Design, Bitches
Correlation of Enterprise Risk Management on Performance
- Tim Corbett – Founder & President, SmartRisk
Indemnity, Insurance, and the Standard of Care: Key Legal Factors in your Contract
- Ryan J. Kohler – Partner, Collins Collins Muir + Stewart
Seminar 2 – Friday, July 20
Growth, Strategy, and Effective Management as a Small Firm
Financial Management for Emerging Design Firms
- Jessamyn Davis – Partner and Chief Operating Officer, Rios Clementi Hale Studios
Creating Your Brand
- Dan Brunn, AIA – Founding Principal, Dan Brunn Architecture
How to Maximize your PR Potential
- Julie D. Taylor, Hon. AIA – Founding Principal, Taylor & Company
- Donna Peters Haldipur – PR Account Executive, Taylor & Company
- Maggie Hattan – Human Resources Consultant, HR Prescriptions
Seminar 3 – Friday, September 14
Small Firms Planning for the Future
Presenters to be confirmed, check back soon.