- This event has passed.
Cal Poly Healthcare Studio
January 15, 2020 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm PSTFree – $15
Cal Poly Pomona Healthcare Studio Presentation + Portfolio Review
(This review will take place in DTLA.)
Cal Poly Pomona’s Healthcare and Environmental Architecture Leadership (HEAL) program prepares next generation architects to meet the challenges of advanced technology and construction sustainability in healthcare. Hofu Wu, Arch.D, FAIA, HFAIT, LEED-AP, Professor of Architecture and Cal Poly Pomona’s Director of the Environmental Design Technology Unit, taught the Fall 2019 Healthcare Studio, which assigned these two projects to graduate and undergraduate students:
1) The Hoag Orthopedic Super Center – a 56,500 SF adaptive-reuse super center with 4 clinics, 14 OR, Physical Therapy and gym, plus an innovative research and design lab, located adjacent to I-5 in Mission Viejo, California.
2) Los Angeles County Rancho Los Amigos Rehabilitation Center’s Recuperative Care Center (RCC) + Residential Treatment Program (RTP) – With material and resource conservation in mind, this 35,400-SF behavioral health complex features PreFab/modular design for the RCC plus five 10,000-SF RTP structures on a 6-acre site in Downey, California.
Andy Moey, Assistant Deputy Director at Los Angeles County Public Works, will provide feedback from the Owner’s perspective.
Additional Cal Poly Pomona students will display their portfolios for review and feedback by design professionals.
4:30 – 5:00pm – Reception/Networking
5:00 – 5:15pm – Welcome/Introductions
5:15 – 6:15pm – Student Presentations
6:15 – 6:30pm – Portfolio Review
Cal Poly Pomona Architecture Faculty
Architecture, Landscape and Engineering Firms involved in the Studio/Seminar: ZGF, LPA, HGA, HKS, HDR, HMC, DPR, Boulder, and Devenny
Organizations: Hoag Health Medical Center, Cedars Sinai, LA County Department of Public Works
Four short presentations of the 2 projects will be made in 4 separate areas of Rodenbeck’s Showroom, with an interactive rotating audience format:
1. Hoag Orthopedic Super Center: Vy Nguyen and Son Vu
2. Hoag Orthopedic Super Center: Sororsh Sarang and Logan Alvarado
3. Rancho Los Amigos RCC+RTP: John Perry
4. Rancho Los Amigos RCC+RTP: Debbie Wang
Special thanks to Rodenbeck for hosting this event at their center!