Submissions Due/ Monday, April 29
Jury Day / TBD
Awards Ceremony / Saturday, June 22
To be considered complete, each entry requires one concealed ID form (below), and one submission folder (containing PDF presentation & marketing images) emailed to Awards@AIALosAngeles.org
- This form must be completed and submitted for each entry number, so that each project can be credited accurately.
- Members of the jury will not see your submission form.
- All information provided should be complete and checked for spelling as it may be used for publication/in print by the AIA|LA.
- In the event that the jury selects your project, it will be credited based on the information you submit below.
- This submission must be approved by the Designer-In-Charge or by a Principal with the firm, in order to qualify for the awards competition.
- Please type in the required information and submit the form below, in addition to your emailed submission folder.
Failure to comply with the guidelines may result in disqualification of the submission. Please read the following information carefully.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please call the Chapter office at (213) 639-0762.
- The undersigned entrant submitting below hereby certifies that permission has been obtained from all necessary parties, including the owner and photographer, to exhibit and publish photographs and information regarding this project.
- The undersigned entrant hereby releases to and authorizes the AIA|LA Chapter to publish the entry or any part thereof in any medium, including the World Wide Web. AIA|LA will not assume responsibility for any copyright or photographic fees.
- The undersigned entrant confirms that this entry meets the eligibility requirements as stated here.
- The undersigned entrant has reviewed the information shown above for completeness and accuracy for use in publicity releases for newspapers and magazines. The undersigned entrant verifies that the entry is entirely the work of those listed on this form.
- The undersigned entrant understands that if this project is selected for an award, he/she will provide additional quality images upon request in a timely manner for printed and digital promotion. If the undersigned entrant does not supply these images when requested, he/she forgoes the opportunities for promotion.
- The undersigned entrant declares that he/she does not employ unpaid intern architects and neither does any practice of which he/she is an owner or manager.
- The undersigned entrant into the AIA|LA’s Restaurant Design Awards programs hereby accepts and acknowledges that the awards are retrospective in nature and based on a subjective evaluation of the judges, and that an entrant has no right, contractual or otherwise, to be recognized as an AIA|LA Restaurant Design Awards winner.
- The undersigned entrant into the AIA|LA’s Restaurant Design Awards program hereby accepts and acknowledges that AIA|LA is under no obligation to grant awards to any entrant. AIA|LA’s Restaurant Design Awards winners are determined and prizes are awarded in the sole and absolute discretion of the Jury.
- The undersigned entrant hereby accepts and acknowledges that the Jury’s decisions in selecting the AIA|LA Restuarant Design Awards program winners are final and non-appealable.
- The undersigned entrant into the AIA|LA’s Restaurant Design Awards program hereby accepts and acknowledges that the AIA|LA Restaurant Design Awards jury is under no obligation to grant awards in each category submitted.
- The undersigned entrant will indemnify AIA|LA and will hold AIA|LA harmless from, against and in respect of any and all liabilities, damages, losses, deficiencies, costs, judgments, amounts paid in settlement, interest, penalties, assessments and out-of-pocket expenses (including attorneys’ fees and the costs of AIA|LA Restaurant Design Awards program.
- In the event the undersigned entrant attempts to bring any sort of legal claim or proceeding against the AIA|LA, its board members, any member of the AIA|LA Restaurant Design Awards jury, in the event that the entrant does not prevail in any way with the claim, the entrant must reimburse the individuals involved in the legal claim or proceeding at their customary, professional hourly rate.
- AIA|LA reserves the right to refuse entry to any competitor for any reason.
By submitting below, you confirm that you have read the above terms and conditions, that you understand them, and that you agree to be bound by them.
SUBMIT CONCEALED IDENTIFICATION FORM HERE:
Restaurants (R): projects designed for full food and drink table service.
Cafés/Bars (CB): projects designed for counter, or informal, food and drink service.
Lounges/Nightclubs (LN): projects designed for entertainment, typically serving drinks and offering seating, music, dancing, etc.
2019 Submission Requirements PDF online here.
ELIGIBILITY: All entries must conform to the conditions of eligibility and entry online here.
JUDGING: The 2019 Restaurant Design Awards Jury will convene shortly after the deadline to review this year’s entries and designate projects for recognition. Note that the jury reserves the right to re-categorize an entry when deemed appropriate and that all projects will be judged based on design excellence, regardless of size, type, or location. The number of projects awarded, and the levels of such awards, will be at the discretion of the jury. The decisions of the jury are final and irrevocable.
AWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT: Winners of the awards will be announced at the RD Awards Ceremony, set to be held on Saturday, June 22, 2019. An RSVP invitation will be sent by email.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please call the chapter office at (213) 639-0762 or email email@example.com