2018 SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
2018 SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Call for Entries / Tuesday, April 24
Registrations Due / Tuesday, June 12
Submissions Due/ Tuesday, August 7
Jury Day / Friday, September 21
Sponsorship Deadline/ TBD
Awards Ceremony / Tuesday, October 30
PROJECT SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Complete Concealed Identification Submission Form online (links below) for each project (in each respective category).
- Email PDF Presentation and TWO Project Images (specifications below) in ONE FOLDER PER ENTRY to email@example.com.
- Folder, PDF, and images MUST be named with entry number and project category code (ex: D104_CMU, D104_CMU.pdf, and D104_CMU.jpg)
- Project category descriptions and codes are at the bottom of this page.
- Submit each folder in a zipped/compressed format via email or DropBox, WeTransfer, etc.
- Email subject should be named with entry number and category code (ex: D104_CMU, C20_MUR, or N68_IC)
- If you are submitting multiple entries, please submit each of these as a separate email with corresponding entry number and category code.
- Confirmation receipt of all entries is the sole responsibility of the submitting entity.
- Emails over 10MB will not be received.
CONCEALED IDENTIFICATION SUBMISSION FORM
- Submission form must be completed ONLINE (links below) for each project submission to be considered complete.
- All information provided should be complete and accurate, as it may be used for publication by AIA Los Angeles.
- Note: Members of the jury will not see your submission form.
- In the event that the jury selects your project, it will be credited based on the information you submit.
- The submission MUST be approved by the Designer-In-Charge or by a Principal with the firm in order to qualify.
- Submission form MUST contain entry number and project category.
- Use any program for layout of entry, but follow the AIA|LA 2018 Powerpoint Template that was emailed to you in terms of design, text, and placement.
- All presentations must be exported as a single PDF file, named with submittal number and category, and sized no larger than 9MB.
- PDF presentation file MUST be named with entry number and category code (ex: D104_CMU.pdf, C20_MUR.pdf, or N68_IC.pdf)
- There should be no text or image(s) identifying designer/firm and/or name of project – ALL JUDGING IS ANONYMOUS.
- Place project LOCATION, ENTRY NUMBER, and CATEGORY on each page, as noted on template.
- Page order set up (it is in your best interest to follow these guidelines)
- Page 1: Establishing Photo– best overall photo, most representative of project.
- Page 2: Project Description– PROJECT DATE, PROJECT SIZE, SITE CONDITIONS, PROGRAM, and DESIGN INTENT. 250 words or less in Arial 12pt. font.
- Pages 3-10 Project Images– interior and exterior photos, site plan, floor plans, sections, elevations, etc. to give full sense of project.
- Final PDF can be 10 pages MAX. and must include a minimum of three (3) photos of the project, and one (1) text page.
- All slides may contain two (2) images, except for slide one which must have ONE (1) photo only.
- Re-use/renovation/restoration entries are encouraged to show images of previous conditions for reference.
- Captions are optional.
- For use by AIA Los Angeles (On our website and Pinterest gallery, as well as printed and digital display at the 2018 AIA|LA Design Awards).
- ONE high-resolution Project Image for PRINT in .jpg or .png format (36×24 inches, 150 dpi minimum resolution, 300 dpi resolution if available)
- ONE high-resolution Project Image for WEB in .jpg or .png format (8×6 inches, 72 dpi resolution)
- Horizontal orientation preferred.
- Images may not be composites or collages- must be a single, representative image of the submitted projected.
- All images should be clear or identifying text or marks.
- All images MUST be named with entry number/category code/image # (ex: D104_CMU_01.jpg )
- All photographer credits for images must be indicated in project submission form.
- Additional images will be requested at a later date from entrants receiving awards for use during the awards presentation and/publication and publicity.
- Each project must be entered into a specific Project Category. Categories are intended for ease of jury coordination only; awards are not bestowed per category. The Project Categories are defined as follows:
- Commercial/Mixed-Use (CMU): projects intended for commercial or mixed commercial and residential uses, including (but not limited to) office, retail, hospitality, and/or industrial.
- Institutional/Civic (IC): projects intended for public or governmental uses, including (but not limited to) government buildings, libraries, healthcare, museums, and/or performing arts centers.
- Educational (EDU): projects intended for all levels of education, including (but not limited to) pre-school, K-12, college and university, and/or adult education.
- Single-Family Residential (SFR): projects intended for single-family habitation.
- Multi-Unit Residential (MUR): projects intended for habitation by multiple tenants, including (but not limited to) condos, apartment buildings, co-ops, affordable housing, public housing, townhouses, duplexes, and/or small-lot projects.
- Adaptive Re-Use/Renovation/Historic Preservation (ARHP): projects of all types that are designed in consideration of existing built conditions.
- Interior Architecture (IA): projects that involve the interior architecture of a space only, in a project type, including (but not limited to) office, retail, hospitality, entertainment, museum, educational, and/or residential.
- Cityscapes (CS): projects that engage a broad range of circumstances, including (but not limited to) urban design, master planning, outdoor public spaces, campus planning, and/or transit-oriented developments.
- Installations (INST): projects intended for temporary status, including (but not limited to) museum and gallery exhibitions, trade show exhibits, and/or follies.
- Competitions (COM) – NEXT LA AWARD PROJECTS ONLY: Projects entered for any type of design competition that has been sponsored by an acknowledged civic or professional organization for the purpose of selecting a project for construction; both winning and non-winning competition entries are acceptable.
Questions? Email Awards@AIALosAngeles.org for more info.