Southwest Museum

Opened in 1907, The museum moved from Downtown Los Angeles to its current location in Mt. Washington in 1914, and has been there ever since. The 1914 building was designed by architects Sumner P. Hunt and Silas Reese Burns. Later additions to the museum include the Caroline Boeing Poole Wing of Basketry (completed 1941), by architect Gordon B. Kaufmann, and the Braun Research Library (1971), by architect Glen E. Cook. Currently the building is closed for seismic retrofitting with plans to reopen in 2013.
Last updated: 16-Nov-2012 12:38 PM
Share