Anderton Court

In 1952, Frank Lloyd Wright completed his last Los Angeles building, the Anderton Court Shops, a small three-story group of shops on fashionable Rodeo Drive in the downtown section of Beverly Hills, California. The entrance to all the shops is off of an angular ramp which wraps around an open parallelogram as it leads upward to the shops. Four shops were envisioned with the penthouse space, an apartment. This is another example of a secular Wright building with a "steeple". The inverted �V� front elevation stands out in sharp contrast to its traditional, flat-front urban neighbors.
Last updated: 12-Nov-2012 04:33 PM
Share