St. Vincent Medical Center Building

riginally founded in 1856 as the Los Angeles Infirmary by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Vincent Medical Center was the first hospital in Los Angeles. The name was changed in 1918 to St. Vincent's Hospital. After a new building was built in 1971, the name was changed to St. Vincent's Medical Center in 1974. In 1995, the Daughters of Charity National Healthcare System sold SVMC to Catholic Healthcare West. In 2002, CHW sold the hospital to the newly established Daughters of Charity Health System.
Last updated: 16-Nov-2012 12:48 PM
Share