Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

Founded and financed by businessman Kaspare Cohn, Cedars-Sinai was established as the Kaspare Cohn Hospital in 1902. In 1950, Emma and Hyman Levine donated their property adjacent to Beverly Hills, and by 1955 the construction completed and Mount Sinai Hospital opened on 8700 Beverly Boulevard (now Cedars-Sinai Medical Center).[13] The original building stood until 1994 when it was damaged in the Northridge earthquake. Cedars of Lebanon and Mount Sinai Hospitals merged in 1961 to form Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Donations from the Max Factor Family Foundation allowed the construction of the current main hospital building, which broke ground on November 5, 1972 and opened on April 3, 1976.
Last updated: 16-Nov-2012 12:48 PM
Share