Herald Examiner Building

The Herald-Examiner building was designed and built by Julia Morgan, California's first registered female architect. Opened for business in 1914, the ornate building was home to the sensationalist tabloid-style Herald Express and then the Herald Examiner after a merger with the Examiner in 1962. In 2002, Hearst announced a partnership with developers Urban Partners to redevelop the Herald-Examiner site. Prtizker Prize-winning architect Thom Mayne of Morphosis was commissioned to design two proposed towers to be linked with the Herald Examiner building through pedestrian walkways and a plaza. As of 2008, the project has been put on hold.
Last updated: 29-Nov-2012 10:12 AM
Share