The Cheesecake Factory seeks Project Manager to Complete Design & Construction of New Restaurants
Last Updated: June 19, 2012
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Reports to: Senior Vice-President of Development
Direct Reports: None
Complete design and construction of new restaurants in a timely manner while remaining on budget for world class interior and exterior design for CCF brand concepts. Coordinate with Facilities Management and Restaurant Operation Departments in all design requirements related to construction of new restaurants, remodeling, design upgrades, and restaurant maintenance and care.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement the design and construction of new restaurants.
- Participates with Design Team and Senior Managers to establish and execute design objectives.
- Provides hands on ability to research, select and specify Finishes, Fixtures, Furnishings and Equipment.
- Designs and develops prototype and custom components. Includes supervision of fabrication of mock-ups and custom samples and development of pricing.
- Develops space plans based on program requirements.
- Communicates design concepts for review.
- Develops design of reflected ceiling plans, floor finish plans, interior elevations, exterior building facades.
- Produces and/or manages production of the highest quality design presentations for review and approval by CEO, including renderings, material boards, plans and elevations.
- Participates in development of and adherence to schedules and budgets.
- Coordinates with Purchasing for pricing and on time and efficient delivery and installation.
- Coordinates, as directed, with consultants including Project Architects, Engineers, Lighting Designer, Kitchen Equipment Contractor, and Vendors for production of construction documents.
- Coordinates with General Contractors for the highest quality execution of design concepts in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaison to landlord tenant coordinators
- Manages procurements for all construction permits, permissions and city approvals (building permits, site plan approvals, sign permits, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Manages landlord relationship with Development and Construction to ensure smooth execution of restaurant completion.
- Conduct site visits to monitor new restaurant construction.
Education, Qualifications & Working Conditions:
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Design or Construction
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience
- Strong design concept development skills including effective visual and verbal communication
- Excellent project management skills
- Generally proficient computer usage
- Design experience using AutoCAD
- Travel required
- Works simultaneously on a variety of projects at varying stages of development
- Knowledge of lease agreement laws
- Ability to represent the company at public hearings/city council meetings