AIA|LA is Proud to Announce the 2014 Presidential Honorees
Educators, civic leaders, media personalities, writers and of course, architects are some of the driving forces that push the architectural profession forward. The 2014 Board, sensitive to the evolution Los Angeles is undergoing, chose to recognize select individuals that take leadership roles in advancing the profession and thus, the City.
AIA|LA President, Andrea Cohen Gehring, FAIA, stated, “Los Angeles never stops surprising; we have intelligent, edgy, and innovative people that push the boundaries of today’s architecture and design. I am very pleased to represent this year’s Board of Directors in bestowing these honors to this select group of people that represent the best of L.A. We look forward to the Design Awards Gala to celebrate with our entire community this year’s Honorees along with the Design Award’s winners.”
AIA|LA is proud to announce the 2014 Presidential Board Honorees …
- 25-Year Award: Kate Mantilini – Morphosis Architects & ROTO Architects
- Emerging Practice: PAR – Jennifer Marmon, AIA
- Design Advocate: Michael Webb, Hon. AIA|LA
- Educator Award: Norman Millar, AIA – Woodbury University
- Community Contribution: A+D Museum
- Honorary AIA|LA: Tibbie Dunbar, A+D Museum
- Honorary AIA|LA: Adele Yellin
- Building Team: Emerson College
- Gold Medal: Chris Martin, FAIA & David Martin FAIA – AC Martin Partners
To purchase tickets please follow the link here: https://aialosangeles.wufoo.com/forms/aiala-2014-design-awards-party/
ABOUT THE AIA|LA DESIGN AWARDS
The annual AIA Los Angeles Design Awards & Exhibit honors excellence in work built by Los Angeles architects (Design Awards) as well as work by Los Angeles Architects as yet unbuilt (Next LA Awards). The Design Awards are one of the most prestigious awards a designer can win in the Los Angeles Design Community.