AIA|LA City Leaders Breakfast Receptions
The 2013 AIA|LA City Leaders Breakfast Series ::
The 2013 AIA|LA CITY LEADERS BREAKFAST SERIES serves as an opportunity for architects & designers and other community stakeholders to meet directly with key individuals transforming Los Angeles in a roundtable setting to discuss innovative ideas that will ensure a healthy, sustainable and economically competitive future.
On various Thursday or Friday mornings (8am - 9:30am) in 2013.
Locations vary, depending on when and who the specific speaker is. Typically, we host these breakfast receptions at various architecture firms around town. We've also hosted specific receptions at the City Club or the California Club, as well.
The monthly breakfast receptions serve as a leadership forum to discuss issues relevant to improving the built and natural environment of the city in areas relating to economic development, energy and water conservation, open space, architecture, urban design and land-use policy.
Past speakers have included Los Angeles Council Members, California State Senators, Assembly Members, General Managers, Deputy Mayors, School Superintendents and leading Developers among many notable others.
For our 2013 series, we're inviting the following:
The 2013 AIA|LA City Leaders Breakfast Series:
- Jim Jacobsen – Founding Partner, Industry Partners
Friday, March 8 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Martin Caverly – CEO, EVOQ Properties
Friday, March 15 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Janet Marie Smith – Sr. VP, Planning & Development, Dodger Stadium
Thursday, May 16 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Jim Cowell, PE – Vice President, Facilities, California Institute of Technology
Friday, June 7 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Christopher Rising – President & COO, Rising Realty Partners
Wednesday, June 12 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Mike Feuer - Los Angeles City Attorney
Friday, August 30 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Curren D. Price, Jr. - Councilmember, City of Los Angeles, District #9
Thursday, September 5 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Mitch O'Farrell - Councilmember, City of Los Angeles, District #13
Thursday, September 12 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Mike Bonin - Councilmember, City of Los Angeles, District #11
Friday, October 4 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Kevin James - Commissioner, Board of Public Works - City of Los Angeles
Thursday, November 7 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Wayne Ratkovich - President & CEO, The Ratkovich Company
Friday, November 15 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Martha Welborne, FAIA – Executive Director, Countywide Planning, METRO
Friday, November 22 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Michael Govan - Director, LACMA
December 13 (8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
Limited Capacity. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
For more information, please contact:Will Wright, Hon. AIA|LA
Director of Government & Public Affairs
Last updated: 21-Oct-2013 04:56 PM