Design Awards & Party
2014 Design Awards Gala Tickets Now Available
The 2014 AIA|LA Design Awards location and date has been set for this year. We are excited to host you at the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles with the ceremony at the Million Dollar Theater and the reception at Grand Central Market. Join us at this amazing and historic venue to honor our winners and honorees.When: October 29, 2014
Where: Million Dollar Theater (ceremony) & Grand Central Market (reception)
- July 31, 2014: Design Awards Tickets on Sale at Early Bird Rates
- August 7, 2014: Design Awards submission materials due
- September 19, 2014: Early Bird Ticket Sales END
- October 18, 2014: Regular Admission Tickets END
- October 29, 2014: Design Awards Ceremony
2014 Jury MembersDesign Awards - Built Projects:
- Jennifer Yoos, FAIA - VJAA (Minneapolis, MN)
- Patricia Oliver, FAIA - Dean, University of Houston College of Architecture (Houston, TX)
- Georgina Huljich - P-A-T-T-E-R-N-S (Los Angeles, CA)
- Alexandra Lange - Design Observer (New York, NY)
- Marlon Blackwell, AIA - Marlon Blackwell Architects (Fayetteville, AK)
- Jennifer Luce, AIA - Luce et Studio (San Diego, CA)
Thanks to the AIA|LA 2014 Design Awards Sponsors!
- MATT Construction (Silver)
- AHBE Landscape Architects (Bronze)
- BuroHappold Engineering (Bronze)
- Cybercopy (Bronze)
- Degankolb Engineers (Bronze)
- ME Engineers (Bronze)
- Meléndrez (Bronze)
ABOUT THE AIA|LA DESIGN AWARDS
The annual AIA Los Angeles Design Awards & Exhibit honors excellence in work built by Los Angeles architects (Design Awards) as well as work by Los Angeles Architects as yet unbuilt (Next LA Awards). In both the Design and Next LA categories, jury awards are given in three classifications:
Entrants must be members of any chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
As one of the most prestigious awards a designer can win in the Los Angeles design community, AIA Los Angeles goes to great lengths to make the Design Awards as celebrated as possible. This year is no exception! With a distinguished jury panel and an outstanding exhibit location, this year's Design Awards will not disappoint.
From International architects, fellows, critics, professors and theorists the jury represents the best in the design field, with each judge bringing their expertise to the judging table.