Date: Friday, March 21, 2014
Time: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Credits: Provides 4.0 CEU's
Capacity: strictly limited to 40 people - register today!
Location: AIA|LA Offices, 3780 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Inspired by the Fall 2012 Small Firm Survival Tips discussion, this follow-up Workshop reveals the most common mistakes made by small firms in contracting for and producing the Work. Specific focus will be most common claims against architects, contract negotiation blunders, errors and omissions in the documents, recordkeeping and documentation missteps, risk/loss prevention assessments, client expectation management and meeting the standard of care.
- Ric Abramson, AIA
- Tim Corbett/Smart Risk
Michele Gamble of Collins, Collins Muir & Stewart
- Sheryl Nichols/Dealey Renton & Associates
- Jann C. Williams AIA
- How Small Firms can Learn from Common Mistakes
- Why Discuss Mistakes? The Legal Perspective
- Nobody’s Perfect: Insuring your Firm’s Survival Long Term
- The Design Practitioner’s Perspective